Thursday, September 3, 2009

GAG Weekly Points Challenge

We already have our first assignment...GULP!! But, you know what's great... I NEED this assignment/challenge. Seriously! Let's start off with talking about the challenge. It is 2 parts....first part:


Part one:
Map out a game plan for yourself for that special day. (If your NOT going to one of these, or any other special even this weekend ~ map out a game plan for something similar to have on hand when a special event comes up.) On this game plan ~ you should include healthy dishes you "could" take, and things you will do to avoid eating the stuff that is really not worth it. (I realize that get togethers are okay for some, but challenges for others. Some will indulge and then work it off later at the gym. But the point of this challenge is to have a plan in mind, so that you don't go overboard out of pressure from others, not enough control, etc..) Post this game plan on your blog!

Next week I will be on vacation...and guess where...VEGAS! The city of endless all you can eat buffets. I'd like to make note that I LOVE and am totally obsessed with food. Just sitting here thinking about buffets is making me crazy in love. SAD! I'm completely obsessed. My husband is NOT. We do not go out to eat, and he has NEVER made a big deal about food....except that he is ultimately the PICKIEST man/person/human/living thing. I'm NOT exaggerating either. So, my obsession with food, and his UNobsession and dislike of most food makes my obsession even worse when I know I'm going to Vegas without HIM!!!!!!! Ugh.


My Game Plan for Vegas: 9/8 - 9/11
Goal ~ Lose weight while in Vegas (impossible no...difficult um...YEAH!)

~ Drink 80 oz h20/day
~ Journal
~ At buffets
* Start with salad but no pasta's and cold salads
* Divide plate into 1/4's. Fill 1/2 with veggies, 1/4 with lean protein, 1/4 good carb
* Indulge only in ONE dessert while there!
* Indulge with a favorite (Mexican, Chinese..things that my husband doesn't like!) only ONCE
* Drink 1 glass of h20 in between salad plate and main plate
~ Exercise 15 mins in the morning
~ Limit alcohol (HAHA! I will be without kidds, and without my husband...LIMIT ALCOHOL?! hilarious thought...but will try my best and at least drink alcohol with diet drinks!)
~ Win it big so I can have lipo (jk)

So, I have faith that I can do this, and that I can actually LOSE WEIGHT while in Vegas!



Part two:
The second part of this challenge is to post (on your blog) a healthy alternative type recipe that you can take to a BBQ, Potluck or Family Gathering.

I got this recipe from the Kraft magazine...and yes, potato (anything) salad is a favorite!!!

Creamy Potato Salad ~ serves 4 - 3/4 c each
1lb red potatoes (about 4) ; cut into chunks
1/4 c Kraft Light Zesty Italian Dressing
1/3 c Miracle Whip Light Dressing
1/2 tsp Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
1 hard-boiled egg ; chopped
4 green onions; diced

Cook: potatoes in saucepan of boiling water 15 mins or just until tender, drain. Rinse potatoes with cold water until cooled, drain.

Mix: dressings and mustard in large bowl. Add potatoes, egg, and onions; mix lightly.

Refrigerate for 30 mins or more!

150 calories, 4.5g fat (1 sat), 55mg chol, 480 sodium, 23g carb, 2g fiber, 3 sugar, 4 protein




Whew...so I got that out of the way! YIPPIE! Gonna do another post with my journal and dinner stuff from last night.

No comments: