Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Ugh, that dreaded word....

One of my goals this week is to exercise 3 days. That doesn't seem hard...does it? Well, let's back up a bit. 2 years ago I restarted this journey (after the okay from my Dr - as I had just had a new baby). I joined the gym at my work, because a) it was so cheap b) payroll deducted c) convenient for me so I could go at lunch. I round up as many co-workers as I could, to go to the Faculty/Staff group exercise classes Monday - Friday. Amazingly I got 3 others to go with me. I figured if I had someone to go with, it would be easier to go - or harder to say NO when I didn't want to.

What a great jumpstart to my weightloss! I was doing awesome. Before long I got a trainer and learned all about how to do things on my own, and how to use the machines in the gym. Wow...the weight MELTED off!!! Slowly but surely all my co-workers fell off the wagon, and before long it was just me. Fortunately another co-worker started going with me though.

Let's fast forward to eh...I don't even know when it happened, but at some point that flame went out. The fire I once had for exercise somehow dwindled and literally disappeared. And honestly, I have been trying to relight that fire for some time.

Last week I made it to the gym 2 times. A day short of my goal. Argh. I again set the goal of 3 days this week, and I'm going to hit it!!

Today I decided maybe I should go "back to basics" and hit up the classes again. At least that way I was going. I wouldn't have to "think" about what to do...someone would be instructing me. Today's class was Strength 45. The instructor actually asked me if I was new, as she'd never seen me before! Lol! I told her I'd been to a couple of her classes, but that I had kind of got lazy the past few weeks/months. She promised to give me a good wake up a call and workout. Sure enough she worked me to death!!! It was great, and I'm super proud and happy I went!

1 day down...2 more to go!

5 comments:

Tonyne said...

You can do it! Good for you for your 2 days! Every day is a choice! :)

Salina Lyn said...

Ooooo...very nice. Once you get the first one out of the way, the rest are easy. I find that for me, I need to take advantage of momentum because if I let even one day pass by, it easily turns into 2 or 3 or a week. Make sure you go again right away to kick some serious ass and get that momentum fired up in your belly again. Think positive, take care of yourself. YOU CAN DO THIS! :)

Heather & Chaos said...

So proud of you for getting your butt to the gym. Now don't stop. Hopefully it'll rub off on me. =)

Arcticmal said...

WOOHOOO!! congrats for going to the gym!!!! one day and then another .. and then just one more and you make your goal.. !!!

Anonymous said...

Hey - 2 days last week is nothing to thumb your nose at. And sadly, exercise is ALWAYS the hardest part for me to get on track, too. For me, it's because I am truly truly, well, LAZY. Yep. I love to lounge and I hate to sweat. Pathetic, isn't it?

But you and I are kind of in the same place right now, recommitting to the fitness. So let's check up on each other! I have 3 scheduled workouts between today and Weigh-in.

I'll be watching to make sure you're hitting up the gym. Watching like those eyeballs on the Geico commercials . . .