Friday, October 30, 2009

A whole week, and a recipe!

Wow, I can't believe it's been a whole week since I posted a blog! I have a valid excuse though...I've been at home dealing with a sick little one all week long! Seriously! Fortunately the little one is finally feeling better - fever free for 2 days now - and is back at daycare! Whew!

First and foremost, last Saturday's plan was a flop. I didn't get to go to the Cardio Kickboxing class! Grrr.... But I have a plan this Saturday to meet up with a new friend and buddy up some exercise at the Y. I like the idea of a Saturday buddy, but not crazy about the $3 or $4 expense every Saturday. Hmmm... Anyway, for now it's okay.

Secondly, I lost 1lb at weigh in on Tuesday. Hey, I'll take it...because I probably didn't deserve it. But I hope it sticks with me and doesn't end up biting me in the butt come next weigh in!!!

Thirdly, I have NOT journaled all week long nor have a I exercised! GULP! That means today is the day to get back on track and really stick with my goals. One of those goals being that I really need to work on my Holiday Plan some more. I've generally been working on it...but obviously NOT enough!!!

I'm disappointed that I have all these good intentions, and then I can't even get through a whole stinking week of following through. What is up with that? What is up with ME?!!! A year ago I was literally rocking. SO, I'm trying to figure myself out and get this show on the road. What do I want more....that's what I HAVE to keep asking myself.

So, the GAG week 9 challenge is to try a new recipe. We get points for doing so, and if we use a new ingredients we've never tried before, take pictures of it , and share nutritional info we get points! How exciting eh?!! Well last night I tried something new - kind of just whipped it together. I had a few friends telling me how they make it...so I kind of just went off of that. The boys and I liked it...Hunney, well he didn't get to try it since I KNEW he wouldn't like it (frozen pizza night for him). So, here ya go!

1.5 cup(s) Green Peppers strips (bell peppers)
1 cup red Peppers, sweet
1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
1 cup sliced Onions
Old El Paso Fajita Seasoning Mix, 2 tsp (I just used a TINY bit out of a packet, and next time probably would omit and use my own seasonings)
6 La Tortilla Factory High Fiber-Low Carb Whole Wheat Tortilla
1 can Black beans
2/3 cup Colby & Monterey Jack Shredded Cheese
3 Tbsp Daisy Light Sour Cream

Heat oil in skillet. Add peppers and onions and saute until soft, remove from skillet. Add chicken to skillet (I sprayed a little canola spray in the skillet). Cook chicken until done. Add fajita seasoning with a little water. Cook until thickens slightly. Return peppers and onions and warm. Fill tortilla shell with mixture, add 1/2 Tbsp, cheese, and beans. YUM!
*I actually ate the beans on the side - just my thing, as I always have to have a "side" with a meal...weird I know.

Serves 6


















































2 comments:

Heather & Chaos said...

Wow YUM!!! Looks like how I make it but will have to try the beans and cheese on the side. I am so NOT a side person! I'd rather just eat the main meal and not have to worry about the side but when I prepare the kids meals I make sure they have more than just the main meal. Weird I KNOW!

Anonymous said...

Oh man does that look good. I love recipe challenge weeks. Good work!
Sue