Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Weekly Goals (will I ever get more creative with the titles?)

Today I did something I haven't done in nearly 2 years.... I went to spin class! Yay me! Well I made it...and survived. At the LAST minute I almost backed out and didn't go...coming up with every excuse in the book (coworker didn't want to go, it's COLD outside, it was snowing, etc etc). BUT, I went and got dressed and just did it. When I got there, I was early...wanted to be...because you have to set up your bike to fit your needs, and I couldn't remember exactly where it was comfy for me. The class was locked and NO ONE was there. I thought... oh great, the class has been moved or worse...canceled. Then slowly everyone started showing up. If you've never been to a spin class...let me just say these people are die-hards! They go right to their business...usually without talking or smiling. I thought to myself "what have I got myself into!". I felt out of place for a brief moment, then remembered why I was there...for ME! Got my bike all set up and the music started. Fortunately (and I say this "lightly) it was HOT in the room, so the instructor couldn't work us to death! But I'll just say it was TOUGHER than TOUGH...and I again, LOVED every minute of it!!!!! I can't wait to hit up another one! They don't offer the classes at the most "convenient" times for me, so typically I can only go on a Saturday morning. But lately my Saturday's have been taking care of the kids as Hunney has been doing another job. So, we'll see when I get to do another one.

Tonight I'll keep up with my commitment to the 30 Day Shred. I think I'm on day 9, and yesterday was the first day I did it on level 2. I STILL can not believe how much harder level 2 was than level 1. YEOWCH! But, I love the workout. I like that it splits it up into 3 sets. That makes it seem like there is an end to come! Okay, call me silly if ya want.

I told ya'll I rejoined WW's on Tuesday...and we discussed Tracking and the importance of it. It's funny that this was what the topic was, because just the week before I started tracking again. For me, it really makes the world of difference. When I don't track, I'm off...and WAY off. They gave the statistic that when you don't track, you're 500 - 1000 calories higher than what you think. I totally believe that. And as a side note, I've figured out that I tend to NOT track, when I'm going off track. That made last week kind of hard. With New Year's thrown in there, the Hunney and I went out to dinner at the Olive Garden (we very rarely go out to eat). I had a plan, ordering off the kids menu, and choosing healthy foods. That went out the window as soon as we got there. I mean I made BETTER choices, but not exactly the best. Anyway...back to the point here...I did NOT want to track, but I made myself. Sure, I was OVER in my points...and honestly most days, and even over my flex points....BUT...I tracked. That was a big thing for me. Tracking is SUPER important for me to succeed, and I know this. So, as usual, it will be a goal for me this week...and every week after!

Moving on to the fun part!

What I accomplished last week:
I hadn't sent any goals for myself...but I DID
  • Tracked every single day - even though I wasn't perfect and didn't want to track!
  • Exercised 6 days (2 times on one day!)
  • Got the Christmas decorations down
  • Planned the monthly menu
What I want to accomplish this week:

  • Track every single day!
  • Continue with the JM 30 day shred!
  • Get 4 folders off my desk!
  • Daily vitamin
  • Get my herb garden going that the Hunney bought me last year at Christmas
  • Work on my new recipe binder Mom bought me for Christmas
  • Read 1 day

2 comments:

Salina Lyn said...

You're braver than I. I tried one spin class and hated it. Never again. 

Amanda, another priorfatgirl said...

spin classes intimidate me bigtime ... you rock! and kudos on the tracking! i always say i'm gonna be diligent about it, but sadly it usually only lasts a couple of days. sure does make a difference when we do it all the time, though, right?

re: the clementines. SERIOUSLY go buy some this second. by nature, they're easy to peel, but an added trick is to roll them in your hands or on a table first. now you know the secret :)