Wednesday, November 11, 2020

75 Hard - Goals - I am alive!

Never mind how long ago it was since my last post.  And you can go ahead and disregard the fact I'm making SLOW progress.  Progress is progress....

Finding the best platform for me isn't easy.  I've done Instagram, Facebook, and even the Connect on my WW app.  Yet, none of those make it easy for me to get my words out like blogging.  It's almost like a diary for me.  I know, blogging is probably a dying platform.  But until then, let me do it.


For starters, I did a thing.  I completed the #75Hard challenge created by Andy Frisella.  Every day there were tasks that had to be completed for 75 days.  And, if you notice it's not just the 75 day challenge, it's the 75 HARD.  


It was not easy.  


And I will admit, I was not "perfect".  BUT, I still consider that I COMPLETED it.  


2 workouts/day, follow a diet plan, drink a gallon of water, no cheat meals/no alcohol, daily progress picture, and 10 pages of reading (nonfiction).  


There were days I did not want to workout.  There were days I REALLY wanted a drink!  There were days I just wanted to call it quits and say SCREW IT...but I didn't.  I lost almost 13 pounds, but I gained much more than the loss.  I got back in the routine of working out daily, walking more than sitting, I drink water, I learned so much while reading.  I got my health back.  




The pandemic had not been my friend.  I gained literally the "Covid-19".  I was drinking daily.  My legs had started swelling at night.  My skin was dry and places like my knee caps were blackening.  I had heartburn DAILY.  My skin looked terrible, and I had acne like a teenager.  I couldn't sleep comfortably.  I just felt horrible.  Inside and out.  


Then someone I followed on Instagram kept talking about this 75Hard Challenge.  I could see her glowing.  Her reasons she listed, were ALL the reasons I needed to do this.  So, I asked my friend (who also is my BeachBody coach) if she was interested in doing it with me.  Surprisingly she was, so we DID IT!!!    


I am so thrilled to have my health back.  And to have regained the things I had slowly lost sight of....BONUS.  


Drinking my water, and eating the right foods for my body (HEALTHY FOODS) are a huge part of who I am and want for my family.  If I have the "I don't care" attitude, then what am I teaching them?  My body is the ONE thing I truly have control over.  What I do with it, what I put in it, how I treat it...these are all up to ME.  The weight loss was a benefit and the reason I wanted to do the 75Hard Challenge, but honestly just getting those healthy habits back in my life was my top priority!    


I plan to do it again, with some tweaks for ME, after the first of the year.  But for now, I'm just going to use the habits I have gained to get through the holidays, and the remainder of 2020.  I still have some hefty goals, so the habits I gained (relearned) will come in handy.  


With all that being said, I am coming up on the end of a Dietbet.  Not sure I will reach my goal, but I'm not giving up.  This is one of the reasons I decided to blog.  I need to write out my goals, so that I can hold myself accountable.  


My goals for this week (with my Dietbet ending on Sunday Nov 15th - which is ALSO my birthday):

  • TRACK TRACK TRACK!  If you don't track, you don't know where you're screwing up! LOL
  • Get 4 Blue Dots (WW)  It was my goal last week, and I Failed miserably
  • Drink a gallon of water - I dropped down to 96oz...but I really do need the gallon
  • MOVE MOVE MOVE - continue with my daily Beachbody workouts (Turbo Fire) 
  • aim for 15k steps/day!

What about you - have any goals this week?

No comments: