Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Weigh In Wednesday

You have no clue how excited I was for Wednesday to roll around. I have stayed on track all week, even the weekend I did well. Not to mention last night for dinner I skipped the loaded with fat calories chicken alfreado for my husband's birthday. Instead I had a Smart One's entree. I made cupcakes, some without icing for me and my Dad. I worked my rear off with exercise. My jeans have even been fitting better (yes my bigger sized jeans, but a few weeks ago they were tight!). So this morning when I woke I was ready to jump on that scale. Before I stepped on though, I visualized what number I might see. I didn't want to be greedy, or unrealistic though...so I saw 164. That would give me a good pound loss. Hey, that's what I really want... at least 1lb/week.

When I got on the scale I was truly devastated to see 165.2....um, that was last week honey...this is a new week, and I need a new number. I got off, adjusted the scale to a different area, turned it on and jumped on again. This time with a frown on my face...worried. Same damn number. What the heck?? It should be less! Huh?? Needless to say I did that a few more times and gave up. Jumped in the shower and started questioning and talking with myself. I just couldn't figure it out. I deserve a good loss...a loss in general!!! What did I do wrong? Did I not eat enough? I went back through the days (in my head) trying to think if I ate all my daily points, as well as the activity points I had earned from my hardcore exercising, ooh and flex points too. Yeah, I was all good. HUH????

Then I started thinking, maybe I should try a different program? South Beach Diet is successful for some people, or Jillian's Making the Cut plan, or I have the P90X.... I decided I would just stick it out and continue with WW.

After my shower, and getting ready, I had to use the restroom. I of course out of curiosity had to weigh again. A smile came over my face when I was able to see a 1lb loss, like I deserved and needed :)

I know, I know....I shouldn't let a number be the only indication... but when you're obsessed with your weight like I am...it is important. I must see that number decesending. I've considered weighing only once a month, I'm not sure I am strong enough to do it though. We'll see....

No comments: