Thursday, March 17, 2011

Guess Who?!!

Alright, it's been forever and a day since I wrote here. Many things were going on in my life, and I honestly just wasn't "fighting the fat". I have been trying to get back on track, pretty unsuccessfully, and have been fluctuating with the same damn 5-10lbs. I'm currently up this week, thanks to a mini vacation. Can you say, buffets, desserts, and free drinks?!!! Yeah, up 3.6lbs.

So, I think I left off that my husband and I were working on things, and that is still happening. We are actually at a better place now than we have been in a long time. I'm happy, and I believe he is too. We just celebrated our 3rd anniversary, and actually our mini vacation was kind of for that. Just the 2 of us... we had a wonderful time, and I love him so much. I pray it only continues.

Unfortunately though, I'm still struggling with the weight. I have been doing a Biblical approach using the Bible Study "The Lord's Table", which has helped me in soooo many ways, just not exactly weightloss. It would, if I would let it...but I just haven't. I don't know what my stinking problem is!!!

Well, yesterday my boss asked me to watch a video it was meatvideo.com . I was so shocked, saddened, and moved that it prompted me to go vegetarian (vegan if I can) for at least 30 days. I have NEVER once considered this in my whole life...but this video truly pushed me to try. I am still so SHOCKED that there isn't more gov't regulations for the way these animals are raised and killed. UGH!

So...if anyone has any tips on being vegetarian (vegan??) PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today...as always, I start over again!!!!! I hope to blog more regularly too!!!

4 comments:

Heather & Chaos said...

Glad to see you back in blogger land too! =) Let's do this Mandie!!!

TigerQueen said...

Hi, I have a similar blog with the same name (:O) and I feel so good knowing there's someone else out there who's going through some of the same issues I have :) Cheers!

Annalisa201 said...

Hey Mandie!!! Hope you're going on LHAS still. Would love to help eachother out.
I recommend reading "Reshaping it All" by Candace Cameron. That's the book that snapped me out of my diet drama woes. Love it. Can't wait to hear from you!!! It's been forever :)

Annalisa201 said...

Vegetarian - I have started buying only Organic and free-range meat. Free-range means the animals live on a farm and have room to move around and enjoy life before death. It's so expensive that we eat vegetarian meals 3-4 days a week, and I use half the meat I used to in my other meals. Vegetarian meals are surprisingly easy and filling. I just make the same old stuff, minus the meat. I use more beans, mushrooms, and veggies to compensate. It's not too hard. Good luck! And GOOD FOR YOU!!!